Thursday, March 08, 2007

Huge post on nuclear energy

I work in the energy industry as well as having a very strong personal interested in global climate change and alternative energy. I simply don't understand why we are still building coal and gas powered generation plant. We have economically equivalent options that are much much better fro this planet. One of these alternatives is nuclear power. France has it right on this one and we need to pull out heads out of our strip mines and get on this band wagon.

I have read this article on nuclear power and my bullshit-o-meter gives it an initial passing grade. I plan to do a complete fact check soon as an exercise. I will post the results once they are complete. (edit) Fuck that it's too much work right now and I don't have the time. (end edit) Please read this article and send it to everyone you know. We need to get the word out and squash these stupid misconceptions about this source of energy.

--Adam

P.S. I love wind power too but it can't solve out energy problems on it's own. Post in the comments with questions.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ow.Balls. said...

You hear quite a lot of stuff about new energy, but I am so unsure of how much is simply, well, bullshit.
Like, sure there is talk of Nuclear energy, but then Bush goes 'green' by touting ethanol. To me that seems a load of shit, is ethanol really any better than petrol?
Or hydrogen? I can sense that is never gonna really be viable (at least not in the time frame we hope, e.g. to save us from having to do anything about global warming now...)
Or fusion, it gets talked about as though it is gonna fix all our energy problems by 2020, but is that ever gonna happen in anyones lifetime?
I feel like people are making excuses saying, hey, we don't need to do much now, so long as we got these kick ass technologies coming soon.
So, which one of those is most full of shit?

3/09/2007 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats