Friday, January 21, 2005

Definition of an Argument or Discussion

I just want to make a quick statement to clear up something that few people today seem to understand. An argument or discussion is basically the same thing, just depends on how animated the people are so from here on out I'm lumping them together into discussion.

A discussion is NOT two or more people communication about a topic each trying to change the others mind in some way.

A discussion requires willingness of the people involved to have their minds changed. If no one communicating is open to change your just beating your head against a wall.

I know this is so totally obvious that you all must be mad at me but I see this SO much. This is especially true on blogs and message boards and such. People talk and talk and talk, never with the intention of changing their minds. How pointless is that? If your not willing to change your mind shut the fuck up! I'm done with you. Fuck off, you stupid arrogant coward. You don't have all the answers, no one does. ^s Not even me, but I'm close.^

The next time you encounter this behavior you have two options:
1. Link that person to this post or try and explain their error to them. ^s Good Luck. ^
2. Give up because it is truly hopeless. That's what I'm going to do from here on out.

--Adam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats